Create and Launch Your First Online Course!
I know what it feels like to be sitting on the makings of a brilliant online course – like bursting at the seams! “I’ve got to get this rich delicious info out into the world!” It’s a good feeling, full of promise.
And yet, at a certain point, the promise can turn to frustration when you realize you aren’t sure how to do it! Very likely the tech is part of the hang up. The lack of a step-by-step process can make the whole project seem impossible!
That’s how I felt at one time, but last year I finally gathered all the info I needed, received expert training on strategy, content, technology, and launching my new program. At last I was able to get my ‘rich delicious info’ out into the world — with paying students! SATISFYING! What’s more, the beauty of completing an online course is you don’t have to do it again and again! It’s sitting there on your online platform, ready to go. All you have to do is promote it again and your content can reach out to a whole new group of people, over and over again, for years to come. Rejoice!
Now I’ve compiled the essentials of what I’ve learned into a concise 1-on-1 program for anyone who has a brilliant idea and a burning desire to manifest it in the form of an online course. It’s called, very simply, “Create and Launch Your First Online Course.” Because it is a 1-on-1 program, it allows for a good deal of individualization and coaching. This customized 1-on-1 program will lean in most heavily and go into greatest detail in the areas where you need the most support. Expect expert guidance on process and steady support for staying on track!
Subjects that can be covered (as needed) include:
- Clarify your intentions… what do you want to accomplish?
- Decide on the scope of your course content.
- Organize your content: modules, lessons, intro videos, handouts.
- Start with script or imagery? Also, sources of images…
- What kind of look and voice do you want to use?
- How to use the relevant technologies in a seamless process
- The Story you’ll tell to attract students: Crafting your message
- A 10-14 day launch plan to take your new course out into the world!